Jan 14, 2018

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


I had me yet another good week! It was the first full week back at work, so naturally it was a drag! I did get to meet Marie Lu again on Thursday, but we also had an ice storm THAT very night! Thankful that Marie arrived early to sign books but since my drive home is about 20-30 minutes with good weather and little traffic I thought it best to leave after that and miss the discussion part. My car was encased in ice as it was and driving home was worrisome but I managed. Still cursing St. Louis weather for choosing THAT night to be icky. I mean SERIOUSLY?!

But anyways...here's what I got this week:

 Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman
Vampire at Sea by Colleen Gleason--this is her contribution to the Vampires of the Caribbean anthology! I got her story for free as a newsletter subscriber gift!
Scooby Apocalypse #21 by J.M DeMatteis & Keith Giffen, 


Then in awesome trade on #booksfortrade I got:

Defy the Worlds by Claudia Gray (ARC)--with the original/old cover art! I really liked this look and was once again a bit dismayed with the change, which is the third time for this series already! That's insane! Lol!


THANKS Liz!!


Then I also got a belated Christmas gift from my sister as she told me it was on backorder for whatever reason!

an awesome little totebag for book signings and whatnot! She personalized it with a few of my favorite things!! I love it!!





11 comments:

  1. I would love to meet Marie Lu. I have seen her on panels, but never a met her. Glad you made it home safely with that weather. Yikes! Your sister is awesome! Very cool gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh some interesting ones for you even if I haven't read them. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new tote bag! That is super cute. OMG I am so glad everything worked out in terms of the Lu signing! That sounds like some awful weather. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a wonderful weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would not survive in areas where there is more snow/ice than what we get here. Of course, it's not normal, so there is not equipment or preparation for it, either. Glad you made it home alright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Marie Lu! Fun. And scooby Apocalypse looks awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you were able to make it out to meet Marie Lu. The couple of book signings I've done, they always sign after the discussion. So, it was great that they did the meet & greet beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Vampires of the Caribbean looks like an awesome anthology. I have to check that out. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green Bay, like the Packers? I didn't know you liked American Football. That's a fun tote though!

    And so happy you made it in that terrible weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awesome that you saw Marie Lu, even with the bad weather. Looks like you got lots of good books. Love the cover for Claudia Gray's book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome tote bag! I didn't realize that Thunderhead was already out. I still need to read that series. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome haul! Definitely drooling at that ARC of Defy the Worlds. And it's pretty cool that it's the one with the "old" cover, in my eyes that makes it a bit more special :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!